Sanitary requirements for export of porcine hides and skins from Canada to China
HA 2899 (2015-09-30)
- The exported products originate from a country which is free from foot-and-mouth disease, swine vesicular disease, classical swine fever, African swine fever, for six (6) months prior to export. Vaccination against these diseases is prohibited in Canada.
- The exported products were obtained from clinically healthy animals slaughtered in establishments under official control.
- The exported hides and skins are:
Fresh and frozen
Or Salted for seven days in sea salt with the addition of 2% of sodium carbonate,
Or were dry-salted or wet-salted on the following date and the duration of transport will be such that they will have undergone a minimum of 14 days of salting before they reach the importing country.
- The products were obtained, processed, stored and transported in such a manner as to prevent contamination by communicable animal disease pathogens.
- The products are shipped using new packaging material, in a container which has been disinfected to avoid the breeding of maggots.
- Date modified: