Herds infected with Chronic Wasting Disease in Canada – 2017
The CFIA works with provincial governments and industry to conduct regular Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) surveillance. Ongoing provincial surveillance for CWD varies with each particular province's perceived threat and infection status. Testing is mandatory in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and the Yukon; it is voluntary elsewhere.
In addition, CWD is a reportable disease under the Health of Animals Regulations. This means that all suspected cases must be reported to the CFIA.
Current as of: 2017-06-30
|Date confirmed||Location||Animal type infected|
- Main page - Chronic wasting disease
- Federally Reportable Diseases in Canada - 2016
- Federally Reportable Diseases in Canada - 2015
- Federally Reportable Diseases in Canada - 2014
- Federally Reportable Diseases in Canada - 2013
- Date modified: