Lincomycin and spectinomycin - MIB #62
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Date Revised: 2014-03
- L-S 20 Premix contains lincomycin from lincomycin hydrochloride at 22 g/kg and spectinomycin from spectinomycin sulfate at 22 g/kg (Zoetis Canada Inc.)
- Lincomycin-Spectinomycin 4.4% G Premix contains lincomycin from lincomycin hydrochloride at 22 g/kg and spectinomycin from spectinomycin hydrochloride at 22 g/kg (Bio Agri Mix LP)
Approved for use
In meal or pellet feed for swine.
For swine - Claim 1
Claim 1: For the prevention of swine dysentery (vibrionic dysentery, bloody scours) in growing swine up to 57 kg of body weight
Level of Drug:
- 22 mg/kg (0.0022%) lincomycin, and
- 22 mg/kg (0.0022%) spectinomycin in the complete feed.
Feed this medicated feed as sole ration to growing swine up to 57 kg body weight.
- Treated swine must not be slaughtered for use in food for at least 24 hours after the latest treatment with this drug.
- Only for use in growing swine up to 57 kg body weight.
- Treated swine occasionally show a softening of the stool within 36 hours of the onset of treatment. This condition should be self correcting in 5 to 8 days. Swine showing profuse diarrhea or continued looseness past this time should be withdrawn from medication and the cause of the problem accurately diagnosed.
- Feed only to swine intended for slaughter.
- Do not use in feeds containing pellet binding agents, except Lignin Sulfonate. (Premix and supplement labels only.)
- Do not allow rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, horses, dairy cattle or other ruminants access to feeds containing lincomycin. Ingestion by those species may result in severe gastrointestinal or metabolic disorders (e.g. Ketosis in dairy cattle).
- Date modified: