Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride - MIB #35A
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Date Revised: 2014-02
- Terramycin-Aqua contains oxytetracycline dihydrate equivalent to oxytetracycline hydrochloride at 440 g/kg (Phibro Animal Health Corporation)
Approved for use
In meal or pellet feed for salmonids (salmon and trout)
For salmonids (salmon and trout) Claim 1
Claim 1: For the treatment of ulcer disease caused by Haemophilus piscium, furunculosis caused by Aeromonas salmonicida, columnaris disease caused by Chondrococcus (Flexibacter) columnaris, cold-water disease caused by Cytophaga psychrophila and enteric redmouth disease caused by Yersinia ruckeri in salmon and trout.
Level of Drug:
|Fish feeding rate
(% of body weight)
|Grams of oxytetracycline HCl
(per kg of feed)
Feed as the sole ration for 10 consecutive days. If mortality is not reduced by the fifth day of treatment, the diagnosis should be re-evaluated.
- Treated fish must not be liberated or slaughtered for use in food for at least 40 days (when the water temperature is 10°C or higher) or 80 days (when the water temperature is below 10°C) after the latest treatment with this drug.
- Keep out of reach of children. (Required on premix and supplement labels only.)
- In fish feeds having a high ash content, ions of Ca, Fe, Cu and Zn may bind with oxytetracycline retarding it's absorption from the gut. (Required on premix and supplement labels only).
- Do not use in feeds containing bentonite (Required on premix and supplement labels only).
- Date modified: