Certification requirements for Germany

This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).

Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository

The following certificate is available:

  • Animal Health Certificate for the Import into Germany Aquatic Animals Intended for Research Purposes (AQAH-1079)

Important Notes:

  • Currently, certificate (AQAH-1079) only applies to the export of aquatic animals for research purposes and intended to be restricted to a closed system laboratory.
  • It is the importer and exporters responsibility to obtain a valid import permit issued by the German Authorities prior to import.
  • The exporter shall provide the Inspector with a copy or copies of any and all import permits required to import aquatic animal species into Germany for research purposes prior to the CFIA's issuance of the certificate.
  • There may be existing certificates or additional information from the Fish and Seafood program. However, for the specific commodity above, an aquatic animal health certificate is required.
  • To request an export certificate outlined above or if you require any other information on aquatic animal health export certification, please contact your CFIA Area Office.
Date modified: