We are committed to providing Canadians with timely information about our policies, programs, services and initiatives through our official Pinterest account.
For more information on how the CFIA communicates across our various social media platforms, including how we carry out our legislative and policy obligations, please refer to our Protocol for Official Communications Use of Social Media.
Availability and Content
Our Pinterest accounts are primarily used as a secondary channel for posting information that is available on our website.
We aim to provide content and respond to comments and questions, Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, covering but not limited to:
- food recalls and allergy alerts;
- food safety information and tips;
- animal health and disease information;
- plant health and disease information; and
- corporate information, such as events, major announcements, and job postings.
Note: We are not responsible nor accountable should users not be able to access our information in the event that Pinterest becomes unavailable.
Following and followers
At this time, we will only follow other Government of Canada departments and agencies, international bodies, and organizations we believe are relevant to the CFIA's mission. Our decision to follow a particular Pinterest account does not imply endorsement of the account holder or its content.
We will not follow individual users, commercial or political organizations.
Similarly, the appearance of a Pinterest user as a follower of our account does not imply endorsement by the CFIA.
We may occasionally repin relevant information posted by other Pinterest users.
Repinning information posted by other organizations should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the originator or of any organization, product or service the posting refers to, nor should it be taken as an indication of a shift in the Agency's current official position.
Repinning CFIA content
Users may repin material posted by the CFIA provided that the content is not changed and proper credit is given.
Moderating user-generated Comments
We welcome feedback, questions and ideas, and expect the general rules of respectful conversation will be followed. Responses to questions will be made in the official language of origin.
We reserve the discretionary right to monitor the content posted on our Pinterest account and may, without notice or liability to our followers or any other person, take steps to inform Pinterest if a user does not abide by Pinterest's Acceptable Use Policy.
- Unlawful, illegal, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, derogatory, discriminatory or that may incite or instruct anyone to undertake such activities;
- Content you do not have a right to make available under any law or under any contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- Infringes intellectual property rights or the proprietary rights of others; and
- Is confidential, sensitive or otherwise inappropriate to be placed on CFIA's page or in a public forum generally.
We provide links to related content on our website whenever possible.
When we provide links to non-Government of Canada websites, we do so solely for the convenience of our followers. We are not responsible for the accuracy, currency, or reliability of the content of other websites, nor do we endorse the websites or their content.
For questions related to our use of Pinterest, send an email to Social.Media@inspection.gc.ca.
For general information about our policies, programs, services and initiatives:
- explore more of this website;
- phone us toll free at 1-800-442-2342 or 1-800-465-7735 (TTY); or
- complete our online comments and feedback form.
For media enquiries, reporters are encouraged to:
- call our media relations team at 613-773-6600; or
- send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: