We use LinkedIn, a free professional networking site, to provide followers with recruitment information and corporate news. Our LinkedIn page is intended for people interested in learning more about the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) as an organization and the career opportunities we provide.
- Visit the CFIA page on LinkedIn
For more information on how the CFIA communicates across social media platforms, including how we carry out our legislative and policy obligations please refer to our Protocol for Official Communications Use of Social Media.
Availability and Content
Our LinkedIn account is primarily used for posting information available on our website related to the CFIA, including current recruitment efforts and corporate news. The following outlines our hours of operation on LinkedIn:
- Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time;
- Operations will be suspended during holidays, resuming the following business day.
Note: We are not responsible nor accountable should users not be able to access our information in the event that LinkedIn becomes unavailable.
We provide links to related content on our or other Government of Canada websites when possible.
We may sometimes link to non-Government of Canada content solely for the convenience of our followers. We are not responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of the content of other websites, nor do we endorse the websites or their content.
We may occasionally share information posted by other organizations that we think is valuable to our followers.
Sharing should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the originator or of any organization, product or service that such sharing may refer to, nor should it be taken as an indication of a shift in the CFIA's current official position.
The appearance of a LinkedIn user as a follower of our page does not imply endorsement by the CFIA.
Comments and Direct Messages
We welcome feedback, questions and ideas, and expect the general rules of respectful conversation will be followed. Our responses to comments and direct messages will be made in the official language of origin.
We reserve the discretionary right to monitor the content posted on LinkedIn and may, without notice or liability to followers or any other person, take steps to inform LinkedIn if a follower or group member does not abide by LinkedIn's User Agreement.
- Unlawful, illegal, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, derogatory, discriminatory or that may incite or instruct anyone to undertake such activities;
- Content you do not have a right to make available under any law or under any contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- Infringes intellectual property rights or the proprietary rights of others;
- Is confidential, sensitive or otherwise inappropriate to be placed on CFIA's page or in a public forum generally.
For additional information about our policies, programs and initiatives, explore more of this website or visit our Contact Us page.
For questions related to our use of LinkedIn, send an email to Social.Media@inspection.gc.ca.
For media enquiries, reporters are asked to refrain from submitting questions on LinkedIn and instead are encouraged to:
- call media relations team at 613-773-6600; or
- send an e-mail.
- Date modified: