Compensation and Benefits Package
The CFIA is a leading employer, particularly when you consider our total compensation package. We offer a variety of benefits:
- A competitive salary.
- Excellent medical, dental, and pension benefits for you and your family, including:
- Flexible vacation and numerous types of leave:
- All permanent employees begin with three weeks of paid annual vacation leave;
- Leave of absence: Whether it's for personal growth, self-care, or family care, the CFIA gives employees the opportunity to take planned leaves of absence;
- Maternity and parental leave, including allowances which, in conjunction with EI parental benefits, amount to 93% of the employee's weekly rate of pay;
- Flexible working arrangements such as flexible start and end times, leave with income averaging, pre-retirement transition leave and self-funded leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): A voluntary, free, confidential counselling service for all CFIA employees and retirees, their spouses, and their dependants. This is the place to get short-term counselling about career concerns, marital strife, family issues, single parenting, alcohol or drug abuse, gambling, domestic violence, esteem issues, stress and much more.
For more information on Executive Compensation, please visit the Directive on Executive Compensation.
The CFIA is a unionized work environment. Based on employee status, length of service, and job classification, specific entitlements are defined in greater detail in each separate collective agreement.
Bargaining agents within the CFIA include:
- The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC)
- The Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC)
- Date modified: