Canadian Grade Compendium
Volume 8 - Fish
Part 3 Bloaters and Bloater Fillets
This page has been archived
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
42. The grades and grade names for bloaters are "Choice" and "Standard".
43. A bloater, which is a properly cured herring, that is packaged and graded
- (a) "Choice", must have been smoked to a golden colour; or
- (b) "Standard", whether or not it has taken the smoke properly, must be broken at the throat or belly or has other slight defects.
44. The grades and grade names for bloater fillets are "Choice" and "Standard".
45. A bloater fillet, which is a properly cured herring fillet, that is packaged and graded
- (a) "Choice", must have been well smoked and show considerable fat; or
- (b) "Standard", must not meet the requirements of paragraph (a).
- Date modified: