Interpretation, General and Overtime Fees
1. The definitions in this section apply in this Notice.
"Agency" means the Canadian Food Inspection Agency established by section 3 of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Act. (Agence)
"regular working hours" means the time during which services are normally provided by employees of the Agency at a particular service location. (heures normales de travail)
2. The fee payable for any service, right, product, privilege or use of a facility described in column 1 of an item of any table to this Notice is the amount set out in column 2 of that item.
3. The fees set out in the Seeds Fees Notice published on December 6, 1997, as amended on December 19, 1998, are replaced by the fees set out in Part 14 of this notice.
4. The fees set out in the Health of Animals Fees Notice published on December 12, 1998 are replaced by the fees set out in Part 11 of this notice.
5. (1) Subject to subsection (3), in addition to any fee that is payable for a service set out in this Notice the user shall pay the following amounts:
(a) if the provision of the service is maintained, uninterruptedly, from or to a time preceding or following regular working hours, by a person in one of the occupational classifications set out in column 1 of an item of the table to this section, the hourly rate set out in column 2 of that item;
(b) if the provision of the service is maintained outside regular working hours, in circumstances to which paragraph (a) does not apply, by a person in one of the occupational classifications set out in column 1 of an item of the table to this section, the greater of
(i) the minimum fee set out in column 3 of that item, and
(ii) the amount determined by multiplying the number of hours worked by the hourly rate set out in column 3 of that item;
(c) if a person in one of the occupational classifications set out in column 1 of an item of the table to this section is requested by the user to stand by in respect of that service, the fee set out in column 4 of that item; and
(d) if a service is provided outside regular working hours, in circumstances to which paragraph (c) applies, and the person who is to provide the service reports for duty, the amount determined in accordance with paragraph (b) plus the fee determined in accordance with paragraph (c).
(2) If a service for which no fee is payable in respect of regular working hours is provided outside those hours, the charges prescribed under paragraphs (1)(a) to (d) shall be paid by the user.
(3) This Part does not apply to fees referred to in Table 2 of Part 12 to this Notice.
Fees for Services Provided Outside Regular Working Hours
|Item||Column 1 |
|Column 2 |
Contiguous (Same Day)
Hourly Rate ($)
|Column 3 |
Call-back, Day of Rest & Designated Paid Holiday
Fee per 8 hours ($)
|Minimum Fee ($)||Hourly Rate ($)|
|1.||EG (amended : Canada Gazette Part I, February 24, 2001, Vol 135, no. 8, p. 611)||33||84||33||10|
- Date modified: